Monday, January 10, 2011

Biggest Disappointments/Highlights of 2010...

Overall 2010 was a very weak year for movies...honestly and sadly it was.  But the few highlights that we did get was worth it.  Sure we had to go through films like Dulha Mil Gaya and Chance Pe Dance, but all in all I still looked forward to every release with a big grin on  my face!


Disappointments of 2010:
1. My Name Is Khan (2nd  Half)
Believe me when I say this ... I worship the ground that this man walks on ... but the 2nd half of MNIK killed what could have been my favorite film of the year.  As much as i debated with myself on this issue, I still can't forgive KJo for his very offensive portrayal of African Americans.  It's not just that but after intermission everything is just a hot mess.  


If you're still interested in watching this film, I would more than gladly recommend the International version of this film, which completely and successfully cuts out the "Katrina" scenes out.  
2. Kites (Barbara Mori)
As a Latina infatuated, fascinated, or obsessed (as some might like to say) by the Hindi film industry; any attempt at representing the Latin community on the filmi big screen I would fully support.  Therefore, upon hearing that Barbara Mori would be in this film, already a fan of her Spanish novelas, I was a quite excited.  I always get a bit worried when Latinas are portrayed on non-Spanish outlets, it's always the same stereotypes.  And of course it was no different here ... which is why my disappointment mostly came from this.
3. Housefull, Action Replayy, Tees Maar Khan (Akshay Kumar)
Oh Akki, my golden man ... how I love thee!  All I can say is that I have seen every single one of his films since I first watched him in Tashan ... and will continue to do so.  I just really hope he does much better this year, I won't say that these were horrible films but they weren't great either.  Akki you need to get your mojo back!


Still love ya though!


Highlights of 2010:
1. Dabangg (SalMan Khan)
Ummm .... have you seen this film?!?!? ... 'nuff said!
2.  Tees Maar Khan (Katrina Kaif)
This girl just amazed me, and no i'm not talking about her acting...she looks AMAZING!   Anyways ... it took me some time to get on the Kat is Awesome train but now i'm on it.  I've got to give Katrina credit...she is hands down the hardest working actress in the industry!  And she deserves all the praise she gets... I mean someone of her background; couldn't speak Hindi and questionable acting skills ... has become one of the most bankable heroines in the Hindi film industry ... all i can say is You Go Girl!
3.  Ishqiya (Arshad Warsi)
This was my favorite film of the year, but Arshad really stood out in this film.  I had previously enjoyed his work in the Golmaal franchise, but his portrayal of Babban really put him on my radar, I can't wait to see what he brings for us in 2011.

2 comments:

  1. I i have to disagree with your disappoint about housefull or should say full house I actually enjoyed his performance in the movie I would like to hear your reasons plz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Anonymous ... thanks for reading my post, sorry for not responding to this post until now :(

    So yes, I enjoyed Akki in this film no matter how bad the film is he manages to always stand out (and I mean this in a good way) but what i meant to say that in general his choices for films have not been the best, this one being one of them.

    But like i said Akki did a heck of a job!

    ReplyDelete