Sunday, December 20, 2009

Finally, My Introduction...

...I realize that I have started this blog the wrong way, but I was just way too excited about MNK trailer I just felt that I had to share it with the world!  Let's see...how to introduce oneself to the world and no one at the same time.  I'll start off by discussing my future plans for this blog and although my intro says i'll talk about everything, it'll most likely {about 99%} consist of Bollywood goodness.  I started this obsession a little more than a year ago, I was flipping through the channels one Saturday morning and I stumbled across Channel 18, and a show with people dancing in strange costumes and singing in a language i was very unfamiliar with.  At first I dismissed it as one of those boring music specials they have on public access television, but I decided to stick with it, and boy was I in for a lovely surprise.  I was sucked into this world I had never known to have existed, I started to listen and really pay attention to the song, but then the show was over.  The next Saturday I was determined to find out what I had seen a week ago, thankfully with every music video that is played the title of the film and song is listed and so I wrote both down {Mauja Hi Mauja, Jab We Met} and began my research.  I found out that these were not just music videos but songs in films.  And my first dose of Hindi Cinema came from the film Jab We Met, {which thanks to YouTube} became the first ever Bollywood film I ever saw.  And still, to this day remains one of most treasured films in my DVD collection.  This was my introduction into what has now become one of the most important aspects of my life...Bollywood!

No comments:

Post a Comment