Sunday, January 24, 2010

My heart beats for you...A Review of Dhadkan


The film is about wealthy Anjali, played fantastically by Shilpa Shetty, and poor Dev, played by Hot Uncle Sunil Shetty. When Anjali introduces Dev to her parents, they are less than pleased that this is whom their princess has chosen as her life partner. In their mission to get Anjali married to their chosen groom, Anjali's parents {mostly her father} successfully blackmail her to leave Dev and marry, the very wealthy, Ram, played by Akshay Kumar.

Eventually Anjali falls in love with Ram. Trouble brews when Dev returns to their life, now a very wealthy and successful businessman with partner Sheetal, played by Mahima Choudary, in hand as well.

I will confess that I watched this film during my Love Akshay period, and of course this was one of the first romantic films I had seen, besides Tashan {which is kind of romantic film}, and of course I fell in love with his portrayal of Ram.

I will say that upon my various viewings of this film, I have come to really dislike Ram's overall niceness... he's just too damn nice!!! Besides this fault, I very much enjoyed the film. I absolutely loved the Shilpa + Akshay jodi, I believe that this was their second film together.

The music, WoW, what can I say it's fantastic. It just flows so well with the film. My favorite would have to be Dil Ne Yea Kaha Dil Se {I must point out that Akshay's comb-over was a bit of a turn off, but he still managed to grab my attention} and Dulhe Ka Sehra. Shilpa looks amazing in the bridal dress!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment