Saturday, January 23, 2010

These Memories...Yaadein, A Review


The story of Yaadein is of Raj Singh Puri played by Jackie Schroff, who has three daughters each with their own different personalities and sets of problems. You have Avantika (Avni Vasa) whom, I would say is the least problematic of the girls. Next is Sania, (Himani Rawat) who plays the rebellious one of the group. And last but not least is Isha, played by the fantabulous Kareena Kapoor.

The story revolves around the untimely death of the mother/wife Shalini, (Rati Agnihotri) and the families' struggle to deal with it. The father, Raj, trying to take his wife's role in the family, he decides to become friends with his daughters in order for them to connect. They all make a promise to not marry anyone unless everyone in the family approves of them.

This is where Ronit Malhotra comes into the picture, played by Hrithik Roshan *sigh*, who is the son of L.K. Malhotra, (Anang Desai) and nephew of business tycoon J.K. Malhotra, played fantastically by Amrish Puri {but then again when has he ever played a bad guy wrong?} L.K. has been friends with Raj for a long time, and in that time Raj and Rohit develop a very close friendship.

Hopefully you're still with me...so Raj, Rohit and his 3 daughters have known each other very well for years, but eventually the other two daughters get hitched and only Isha is left. On a trip to Malaysia she runs into Ronit this is when their affair blooms.

This film started off with so much potential, I was so into the Ronit + Isha secret affair, but this film made a wrong turn and just crashed and burned. I hated the second part, ugh! According to the Wikipedia page the director did not want a love angle in the film, but was forced to add it at the, last minute, I wonder what would have been.  Don't get me wrong I enjoyed the love angle of the film. The problems begin after Ronit + Isha return home and back to reality, in which I lost sight as to what this film was originally about. I ended up not caring whether or not they would be together.

Ooh! I almost forgot to mention the music...I loved Jab Dil Miley and Chamaki Shaam Hai …. I love Hrithik's dancing and it was nice to see that Kareena was able to keep with him.


No comments:

Post a Comment