Saturday, February 13, 2010

My Name Is Khan ... And I'm Not A Terrorist!

I was glad I was able to watch this film on opening day.  There have been only a handful of films that I have countdown to like I did for this film, some of those would probably be all of the Harry Potter films.  I've already written as to how important this film is and why there's such big buzz and expectations.
You know how when you have all these expectations for a film and are just so excited because you don't know if it'll deliver what it promised.  And then when it does you are just left speechless, because you got what you wanted, and then some, you just kinda don't know what to say...
...Well, this is exactly how I felt once the film ended.  I was just soooo happy that after all this wait the film was just brilliant!!!  I don't want to keep praising it too much, but I would highly recommend watching it.  Shahrukh's portrayal of Rizvan Khan is outstanding!  His character is bigger than the film itself.
The chemistry between Kajol + Shahrukh comes out on screen as being so natural, you believe that this couple will be happy forever.  They truly are one of the industries' most enchanting couple.
***One thing I must point out that made me feel uncomfortable was the portrayal of African-Americans in the film.  I went with a couple of friends to see this film and we were discussing this in the car.  There is one moment where Rizvan Khan {Shahrukh Khan} ends up in Wilhelmina, Georgia.  We are introduced to two characters Mama Jenny {Jennifer Echols} and her nephew.  My friend had comment that they looked like 'slaves' their whole town looked like a slavery plantation; and I have to agree with her.  In the way they were dressed and how they talked it was as if we they were still living in the late 1700's.  I don't think it was done intentionally, but personally I was taken aback as I watched these characters.  This was the only big flaw I saw in the film.
I would still highly recommend this film, because Shahrukh is just phenomenal and deserves all the praise he's getting for this film.  Congrats to Karan Johar + Kajol + SRK for another soon to be classic film in the Hindi film industry.
Noor-E-Khuda

Marry Me

2 comments:

  1. I agree with everything you said here, especially about the portrayal of the people in Wilhemina, Georgia. Like you, I was also taken aback by that part in the movie. But other than that, it was a really good film.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Merili Hey!!! Welcome to my blog!! I know...right...that was the only major flaw...I really loved the movie...and I'm glad u enjoyed it! Thnx for your comment!

    ReplyDelete